- Relevant feedback only. This is not intended to be a place to discuss personal or political matters that are unrelated to the main subject discussed in a blog post, news item or other content on the Governor’s web site. Commenters may not post irrelevant content or repeatedly post the same or similar content.
- No personal attacks. It’s okay to disagree and we welcome healthy debate. It is not okay to question a person’s character.
- No abusive comments. In particular, comments that insult, harass or intimidate others based on race, religion, gender, disability, nationality or sexual preference will be removed.
- Comments that are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or harm minors in any way will be removed.
- Commenters agree not to:
- falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- include personal or identifying information about another person without that person’s explicit consent.
- contain false, deceptive, misleading or deceitful information.
- infringe any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party, or content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships.
- contain “affiliate marketing,” “link referral code,” “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” or “pyramid schemes.”
- contain any form of advertising or solicitation.
- advertise any illegal services or the sale of any items the sale of which is prohibited or restricted by applicable law.
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- contact anyone who has asked not to be contacted.
- “stalk” or otherwise harass anyone.
- collect personal data about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes.
- use automated means, including scripts, spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from or upload data from this web site.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to State of Kansas computer systems or any other user’s computer systems, or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, this web site.
- violate in anyway any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations that have the force of law;
- upload, post, e-mail, otherwise transmit or post links to any:
- content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or regulation or under contractual or fiduciary relationships;
- content that promotes illegal activity;
- content that exploits the images of children under 18 years of age, or any person or that discloses personally identifying information belonging to any person or child under 18 years of age; or harm minors in any other way;
- material, or act in any manner, that is offensive to these stipulations of acceptable use; or
- The State of Kansas reserves the right to remove any comment inconsistent with this policy.
A SPECIAL NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
We do not intend or knowingly solicit, contact or collect any type of personal information from children under 13. It is possible that by fraud or deception we may receive information pertaining to children under 13. Please contact us if you believe we have received information by or about children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately delete the information from our servers.
WE REQUIRE THAT MINORS (UNDER THE AGE OF 18) NOT SUBMIT ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US OR CONTACT ANYONE THROUGH INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THIS WEBSITE. IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOU CAN USE THIS WEBSITE ONLY IF USED TOGETHER WITH YOUR PARENTS OR GUARDIANS. IF YOU ARE A MINOR, YOU SHOULD SEEK GUIDANCE FROM YOUR PARENTS.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Any information voluntarily posted on this site shall not be confidential or secure. The State of Kansas is not responsible or liable for any information posted or subsequently used. The State of Kansas bears no responsibility for any damages you suffer in any way from the use of this website. By using this website you agree to waive any cause of action you may have against the State of Kansas and hold harmless State of Kansas, its affiliates, entities, agencies, its officers or employees and expressly acknowledge and understand that the State of Kansas its affiliates, entities, agencies, its officers or employees shall not be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for use, data or other intangible losses (even if the State of Kansas has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the website; (ii) libel, slander, negligence, invasion of privacy, any other tort, crime or any other known or unknown claim, decision, or action taken in reliance upon information obtained now or in the future arising out of or from, the use of this website; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (vi) for any defamatory, offensive, criminal acts, infringing or illegal materials, published information or conduct; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party; or (v) any other matter or action relating to the website.
State of Kansas is not responsible for any errors or omissions in the information contained in this website, or the use of any information contained herein. The materials and information you find on this website are provided to you “as is”, without any guarantee or warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation any warranty for information, or services provided through or in connection with this website and any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, expectation of privacy or non-infringement.
The information published on this website was voluntarily given and posted by other users. Any information posted on this website will be a public record once provided in accordance with this policy, and may be subject to public inspection and copying under the Kansas Open Records Act, (K.S.A. 45-215 through 45-223) if not otherwise protected by federal or state law.
The laws of the State of Kansas will govern these disclaimers, terms and conditions, without presenting any conflicts of law. The State of Kansas reserves the right to make changes to this site, the disclaimers, and the terms and conditions at any time. You should refer back to this page for the latest information and the effective date of any changes. In the event we change this policy, we will post a new policy on our site and change the date at the bottom.
Please contact us with any questions or to report any violations of this Policy.
Stay Informed. Subscribe to our Grassroots Newsletter →