Proclamations are provided by Governor Kelly’s Office to honor and celebrate events or to increase awareness of issues of significant importance to Kansans. After reading the information below, please click here to fill out the online request form.
- These public service documents are strictly honorary and are not legally binding.
- All proclamations will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- The Governor’s Office reserves the right to decline any request for a proclamation.
- Proclamations recognize a day, week, month or year. Proclamations are issued for one date only.
- Proclamations are issued for Kansas nonprofit organizations with preferably statewide, but at least regional, interest.
- The issuance of a proclamation does not constitute an endorsement by the Governor.
- No proclamations may be used as part of an advertisement or commercial promotion without express permission from the Governor’s Office.
- Any draft language provided may be edited or rewritten at the discretion of the Governor’s Office.
- Only three official, signed copies of any proclamation can be issued per group.
- Must be requested or endorsed by a Kansas citizen. Out-of-state requests will be declined.
- May not be individualized or specialized. Proclamations are not issued in honor of people unless specifically approved by the Governor.
- Must not duplicate other requests. Requests that are similar to already issued proclamations will be declined.
Making your request
- Must submit your request in writing. Requests may be completed online or mailed to the following: Office of the Governor, Constituent Services; State Capitol, Second Floor; Topeka, KS 66612-1590. Be sure to include all contact information, including a mailing address and telephone number.
- Your written request must be accompanied by a draft of the proclamation.
- You are strongly encouraged to submit your request 6-8 weeks in advance of your requested date. Requests will be accepted no more than six months in advance.
- Request must be received no later than the 15th day of the month prior to the month your event is in (ex: Due April 15th for a May 26th proclamation)
- Must indicate your preference: Official signing ceremony with Governor Kelly, or Issuance of Proclamation by mail (See details below).
- Official Signing Ceremony: You may request to be present at an official signing ceremony with the Governor. At least one proclamation ceremony is scheduled each month. Due to security purposes, group sizes are strictly limited to 10 people. No exceptions will be made.
- Issuance of proclamation by mail: You may request to have your proclamation signed and mailed to your specified address.
If you have further questions, please contact Constituent Services at the Governor’s Office, 785-368-8500. Click here to make your proclamation request online.
Stay Informed. Subscribe to our email newsletter.