ICYMI: Emporia and Downtowns across Kansas are Rising Thanks to Governor Kelly’s Leadership, Local Partnerships
Emporia and downtowns across Kansas are rising thanks to governor’s leadership, local partnerships
January 7, 2022
- Achieving community success requires passion, focus, investment and partnerships, such as the Kansas Main Street program, a powerful tool for improving vitality in communities of all sizes.
- Emporia Main Street implements the “4 Point Approach”: a program created by Main Street America to foster economic and community development. This practice, when coupled with volunteers, members and investors has created a busy and inviting downtown.
- The Kelly administration made providing our communities the tools they need to grow a priority. The re-establishment of our state Main Street program provides our small businesses and entrepreneurs the ability to tap into a network of peers and support throughout the United States to help replicate best practices that result in sustainable growth.
- Emporia Main Street was named the 2021 National Main Street Forward Award winner for our support of small businesses during the COVID pandemic.
- Together, with support and advocacy on the state level, we are fully committed to making our communities and downtown districts the best places in the nation to live, work, and raise a family.