Governor Laura Kelly today announced appointments to Kansas state boards and commissions.
State Board of Accountancy
The purpose of the Board is to license and regulate certified public accountants (CPAs). It is a regulatory body authorized to carry out the laws and administration regulations governing CPAs. The Board is disciplinary and has the authority to conduct investigations.
- Sean Patrick Weaver, Wichita (reappointment)
Kansas Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
The Commission advocates for and facilitates equal access to quality, coordinated, and comprehensive services that enhance the quality of life for Kansans who are deaf and hard of hearing.
- Christine (Chriz) Dally, Olathe (reappointment)
- Kami Albers, Manhattan (reappointment)
- Leonard Hall, Olathe (reappointment)
- Janet Goodenow, Westmoreland
- Annette Caraway, Topeka
- Shanna Groves, Olathe
- Kelly Selznick, Overland Park
The Board of Examiners in the Fitting and Dispensing of Hearing Instruments
The Board regulates the licensing of examiners and market of hearing aids.
- Dr. Jeffrey Moore, Wichita
Commission on Police Officers’ Standards and Training
The Commission may suspend, revoke, or deny the certification of a police or law enforcement officer who fails to meet the requirements of the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Act or has met such requirements by falsifying documents or failing to disclose information required for certification. It provides accredited instruction, which is required for permanent appointment of full-time police and law officers.
- Timothy Jay Bauer, Bucyrus (reappointment)
- Donald Scheibler, Hays (reappointment)
- Thomas Todd Hongslo, Lenexa (reappointment)