TOPEKA – Governor Laura Kelly today signed Executive Orders #20-49, #20-50, and #20-51. #20-49 reissues the orders listed below, and #20-50 updates and extends Executive Order 20-38, which provides temporary relief from certain unemployment insurance requirements during the state of disaster emergency. Executive Order #20-51 extends the term of the 2020 Kansas Complete Count Committee until November 1, 2020. Executive Orders #20-49 and #20-50 will remain in force until September 15, 2020, or until the statewide State of Disaster Emergency expires.
- 20-36 – Drivers’ license and vehicle registration and regulation during state of disaster emergency
- 20-37 – Allowing certain deferred tax deadlines and payments during state of disaster emergency
- 20-39 – Extending professional and occupational licenses during state of disaster emergency
- 20-40 – Temporarily allowing notaries and witnesses to act via audio-video communication technology during state of disaster emergency
- 20-41 – Licensure, Certification, and Registration for persons and Licensure of “Adult Care Homes” during state of disaster emergency
- 20-42 – Temporarily suspending certain rules relating to the sale of alcoholic beverages during state of disaster emergency
- 20-43 – Temporary relief from certain restrictions concerning shared work programs during state of disaster emergency
Executive Order #20-50 allows a temporary change to Kansas employment security law, stating, “The requirement that Kansans receiving unemployment benefits actively seek work each week is temporarily waived for all claimants to allow Kansans to continue the necessary social distancing practices.”
“The ongoing threat of COVID-19 has impacted our way of life and created many new challenges for Kansans and their families,” Governor Kelly said. “As cases continue to rise both in Kansas and across the county, reissuing these orders is a necessary step to keep Kansans healthy while also keeping the state open for business.”
Executive Order #20-49 can be found here.
Executive Order #20-50 can be found here.
Executive Order #20-51 can be found here.