Governor Kelly Announces
TOPEKA – Today, Governor Laura Kelly announced 4 appointments and 3 reappointments to the following state boards and council.
Kansas Board of Nursing
Purpose: To protect the public health, safety and welfare of the citizens of Kansas through the licensure and regulation process of the nursing professions.
- Brenda Sharpe, Overland Park (reappointment)
- Adri Gouldsmith, Topeka (reappointment)
- Michaela Hysten, Kansas City (reappointment)
Midwest Stem Cell Therapy Center Advisory Board
Purpose: The Board serves in an advisory capacity to the Center’s Director. Board members’ duties include fundraising, public speaking, and other public relations activities to advance public awareness of successful adult, cord blood, and related stem three cell therapeutic options.
- Bobby Schmuck, Prairie Village
- Dr. Roy Jensen, Gardner (chairperson)
- Secretary Janet Stanek, Topeka
911 Coordinating Council
Purpose: To monitor the delivery of 911 services, develop strategies for future enhancements to the 911 system and distribute available grant funds to Public Safety Answering Points (PSAPs).
- Troy Briggs, Sublette (chairperson)