Governor Laura Kelly appointed seven members to the Kansas Military Disability Review Board.
The review board determines the percentage of total disability and awards compensation for members of the Kansas National Guard or the Kansas State Guard in cases of disability or death.
“This hardworking group of individuals is committed to making sure that Kansas servicemembers and their families have access to the resources they need in cases of disability or death,” Kelly said. “I look forward to their contributions on this important board.”
The appointed review board members are as follows:
1. Brigadier General David Weishaar, Joint Chief of Staff for the Kansas Air National Guard
2. Colonel J. Matthew Oleen, Chief of Staff for the Kansas Army National Guard
3. Colonel Paul Schneider, Director of Personnel for the Kansas Army National Guard
4. Colonel Michelle Hannah, Commander of the 69th Troop Command of the Kansas Army National Guard
5. Lieutenant Colonel Dave Young, Chief of Staff of the Kansas Air National Guard
6. Major Jason Davee, Deputy State Surgeon for the Kansas Army National Guard
7. First Lieutenant Olivia Kennedy, Occupational Health Nurse for the Kansas Air National Guard
The governor appoints at least five officers of the Kansas National Guard or the Kansas State Guard to the review board, including at least one officer of the medical corps.